Skip to main content

Can state police enter my house if they have a child support warrant for my boyfriend who doesnt live there

Lakewood, NJ |

state police came to my door and rang the bell and was knocking my boyfriend didnt answer the door he was watching our son. the door was unlocked they walked in and came down the steps and walked in the room he and they baby were in. can they do that for child support warrant

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Generally they also need a search warrant, but it depends on all of the facts and what they were told. If they had "probable cause" to believe he did live there it changes things. The law in New Jersey may have stricter requirements than the US Constitution.

If he has been arrested, he needs a criminal defense lawyer, now. If you are upset about the violation of your privacy you should contact a personal injury lawyer.

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police:


It depends on many facts. They can arrest him and look for him at the home. But they cannot search for him based on the information in your post.


They need a warrant. They will probably say you allowed them in.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.