Skip to main content

Can someone with a warrant file a Writ of Error Coram Nobis in california?

San Diego, CA |

I helped a teenage girl by giving her money for a bus ticket and was being harrassed by her pimp/boyfriend. I had a window that would not stay open so I used a solid piece of pipe to keep it open. The pimp threatened to kill me and sent his brother knocking on my door. I came out with the pipe and they left I called the police. Police came I had the pipe in my hand I gave them the pipe they illegally searched me and found drugs. I went to jail and was charged with PC12020(A)(1) and 11377...I was forced to plead out by the quality of my representation and the conditions of my confinement. I was placed on probation and released. And the pimp (brian Mayo brother to Allmighty Master Supreme Mayo ) began to threaten and harass me and my family so we moved to phoenix.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Good question. I do not think the clerk will accept the filing when there is a warrant. Why not have the warrant recalled, apply for an interstate transfer and then file the motion?


It's not entirely clear to me what you want to file a writ of error corram nobis for. But, if it is to recall the warrant, I agree with Mr. Hill that the court is not likely to accept it.

The response above is not intended as legal advice. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Legal questions can only be fully answered through consultation with an attorney to whom you give full and accurate details. Anything you post here is not confidential and is not protected by the attorney-client relationship. It is highly recommended that you seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting.


There is no basis stated for an error coram nobis filing.
Try speaking to an attorney [many offer free initial consultations or call the local bar association for an in expensive referral]

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.


You can certainly try, but it is almost always advisable to recall the warrant first.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer