Skip to main content

Can someone with a felony get a green card lived in the united states for 20+ years and nothing else on his record

Vallejo, CA |

molestaion case when he was 18 years old plead guilty

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


It would depend exactly what he pled to and when he pled. It may or may not be possible depending on those facts and on how he is now eligible to get his green card. I recommend that you consult with an immigration atty familiar with immigration consequences of criminal convictions.

This answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on as each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Good question. It depends on the nature of the felony and if he was ordered deported for it. You should consult with an immigration attorney experienced with criminal issues.

(888) 275-0047 Legal disclaimer: Daniel Shanfield, Esq., with offices in San Francisco and San Jose, is a former INS trial attorney and United Nations HCR resettlement officer, with over 15 years experience in immigration law. His statements above are general in nature and should not be deemed legal counsel, as not all factual issues are known. Participants should retain an immigration lawyer to review their own legal matter. The information provided does not create an attorney/client relationship.


You will not get a meaningful answer to this question until you consult directly with an immigration attorney who will need to see the record of conviction and other documents relating to the crime.
Good luck

Colorado 303.442.8554/New Mexico 505.819.3303/ Ms DeSeguin’s statement is general in nature, is not intended as legal advice, and should not be relied on as Ms DeSeguin does not have knowledge of all the relevant and necessary facts. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer