Skip to main content

Can someone with 3 gas stations sponsor somebody for immigration purpose? like H1 or something.

Dallas, TX |

3 gas stations and want to open another one - is been promising to sponsor H1. is this even possible? i thought sponsor H1 works for highly skilled workers only n the last time i checked a gas station manager is not a highly skilled position. but im still wondering, as i could be wrong??

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Only if they can prove that 1) they have a position that normally requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree in the US, and 2) that they have a need for such a position.

You are correct, a gas station manager would not qualify.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Highly unlikely as a gas station manager. Only position that requires at least a 4 year college degree is suitable for an H-1B position.


sometimes, if they are large. not as a manager bout as an adminsitrative services manager

The advice that I give in each answer or legal is not intended to take the place of an in person consultation. A complete answer takes an in depth interview. After all, it is a life that is at stake. If you are in another city that I do not service ask me and I might be able to recommend you an attorney there. In general, in Houston, I recommend Adan Vega or Bruce Coane, Specialists. In Dallas I recommend Richard Fernandez or Yong Wood highly skilled and experienced.


It depends. I've helped gas station owners to secure H-1Bs for their employees before, but they were for the highly skilled positions.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.