Skip to main content

Can someone that is married to a U.S. Citizen & was deported in 2008 obtain legal status?

Atlanta, GA |

He's from Honduras. He was deported in the state of Washington while comeing from Canada and he did not have proof of documentation. This took place on a train that was entering the U.S.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Please see the answer to your other question.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


It's possible, but you need to have a detailed consult with a good immigration lawyer. There are several bars to immigrating that may apply to him, and this needs to be carefully analyzed by a lawyer who has all the facts. There's also a good chance that, if he can immigrate, he will need a waiver of inadmissibility. These are not always granted and applying for them is a complicated matter that you should not attempt without assistance from a qualified attorney.

Christina Murdoch
Scott D. Pollock & Associates, P.C.
105 W. Madison St., Suite 2200
Chicago, IL 60602
(312) 444-1940
(312) 444-1950 (fax)
"Like" us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:

Please visit our renovated website at, which allows client access to case status, enhanced information on services, and other convenient features


Yes, hire an immigraiton attorney and soon. I know several good ones in Georgia. You can look for them right here in AVVO, by the way.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer