Skip to main content

Can someone please tell me what I should do in this case? I have all the original documents in hand, thank you.

Dallas, TX |

I was charged with aggravated sexual assault to a child because when I was 13 I had sexual relations with an 11 year old girl. I was already 15 when the detectives showed up at my high school to get my confession. We only had sex and it happened twice,wilingly. I never did anything to force or threaten anyone, we were only kids. Anyway, I was granted probation and had to attend counceling,register as a sex offender and do community service. Before the year ended my mother took me to Brazil and said that I should wait 10 years before going back. Well, I`m still here and I really need to know what to do or if my record will be sealed after this time.I just want to end this once and for all. Thank you

Hey everyone, thanks alot for your responses. Well, yes I`m an American. Not originally but I was raised in TX so I got the naturalization certificate from my step father. It sucks to be stuck here in Brazil. =( I hope that helps.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need a criminal lawyer in the jurisdiction you were taken to court in.


This is a question of criminal defense not sexual harassment. Contact a very experienced criminal defense attorney. There are some very good ones in Dallas.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at and Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at


I am going to go a step further than my old friend Mr. Madison.

Here's where....

It's unclear from your question whether you are planning to return to the USA. If you are not a USA citizen, I am going to suggest that you contact an immigration lawyer as well as a criminal defense lawyer if you are planning to try to come to the USA. Better to have a complete picture of your situation.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.

Kevin Rindler Madison

Kevin Rindler Madison


Great advice, Evan!