Can someone out of status collect the jackpot in Georgia Lottery?

Atlanta, GA |

I came into the US on an F1 visa but am now an overstay. Since I play the Georgia Lottery, I wanted to know whether I could collect any possible jackpot winnings. Also is there anyway to revert to some form of legal immigrant status using these winnings? For instance by investing in local businesses or donating to local charities etc.

I believe if you read the rules, lotteries are open to legal US residents only. That answers both questions.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 | john1davidson@gmail.com | www.LawyerImmigrationLosAngeles.com

Check the rules. Good luck.

Mr. Lorenzon's answer to your question does not establish an attorney client relationship, but rather is meant to share knowledge with the general public. For specific advise on your case, you need to consult one on one with an immigration attorney. Mr. Lorenzon can be reached at 216 573 7322 or at jlorenzon@lorenzonlaw.com. All initial constulations are free.

Read the lottery rules on collecting. Charities, etc. won't likely help you reach your goal.