Skip to main content

Can someone file a Complaint in Ejectment from Prison?

Philadelphia, PA |

Incarcerated homeowner does not have a lease with the person living in his home, but he wants them to move out.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

I agree. Yes, it can be done, but using a Landlord-Tenant lawyer would be strongly advised. Also, in Pennsylvania, there is a distinction between "ejectment" and "eviction". Make sure you are pursuing the correct type of action.

If you liked my answer, please rate it "HELPFUL" or "BEST". You can contact me for further detailed answers at 412-904-5305. **DISCLAIMER** Michael I. Werner is licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. His practice focuses on Pennsylvania Landlord-Tenant Law, Estate Planning, Pennsylvania Real Estate, Assessment Appeals, and General Business Matters. This answer is based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. This answer does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with an attorney prior to taking legal actions on your own.


Hire an attorney to do the work for you.

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs.



What if he can not afford an attorney at this time? Can he do it pro-se?


I agree with my colleague - the simple answer is yes, but all of the details of the situation need to be examined carefully. The homeowner definitely needs an attorney to make this happen.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer