Skip to main content

Can someone call Adult Protective Service to get help for themselves?

Bothell, WA |

If someone is almost 50 and they are being taken advantage of by other members of the family by loosing everything they have can they call Adult Protective Services to get help from the members who are taking everything from them? The members are making sure this person is left with nothing and the person has no way to stop it or fight it. The person has no money only the belongings they are taking from them.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


A person could self-report to APS and request services. Alternatively a person can go to court and get a restraining order (DV or AH) to restrain the conduct of other members of the family. If someone is stealing from you, you can call the police. None of these options require the petitioning or reporting party to pay anything in order to seek help.

Elizabeth Powell

Using Avvo does not form an attorney client relationship.