Skip to main content

Can someone be charged with posession of a controlled substance without it being found on them?

Ladd, IL |

recently my fiances grandma turned over his bookbag to the cops and said she found a needle and a spoon for doing drugs in it. now 4 months later my fiance is arrested on a warrant for a class 4 felony for possession of a controlled substance while on parole. but they didnt even find it on him. so is that right??

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


The charge can be made. It is up to the state to prove his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Do not discuss your fiance's case online or with anyone in person. Your fiance should discuss his case only with this attorney. This is a public forum and there is no confidentiality.


Yes, he can be charged. Yes, he could be convicted. They don't have to find anything on him. Picking up a felony charge while on parole is a very serious matter. He needs an attorney.


Yes, he can be charged. Whether or not the state can prove he was the owner is a different matter.



DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602