Skip to main content

Can sect Family code 154.067( b) be used if paying parent is claiming financial hardship as means to reduce child support?

San Fernando, CA |

If he transferred an duplex in his name to an LLC (his, but I cant prove it right now. But assuming he is going to lie and say it isnt his), and I have certified copy of deed and transfer being done 2 days prior to day he filed for child support modification and requested visitation, could I present that as evidence to request court use it as deemed income under the authority of family code 154.067(b)?
(Did I word that right?)
What would be the relief for this, typically, if so?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I am sorry but I can not find a family law code 154, 1540, or 10540. Are you sure you have the right number? I did not find anything under the evidence code either. But certified copies are evidence and you certainly can question him about it and look at the secretary of state for California and see if you can get more evidence as to who owns or controls the LLC

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.


Family Code 154.067(b) does not exist. Repost with the proper statute so you can get an informed response.

Note this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on. Each situation is fact specific and court specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship