Skip to main content

Can restitution monthly payment be reduced?

Carlsbad, NM |

I was court ordered to pay restitution in the amount of $700 a month from the time I was released from prison until the total debt is paid. but I can no longer afford rent and restitution and bills, I already have two jobs and can't fit in another one, is there a way to reduce the monthly payment amount?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You should probably repost this question under the practice area of criminal law to receive more useful responses.


Likely. Make an appointment with your local criminal law attorney, or an attorney that regularly practices before the court that issued the restitution order. Take your facts and circumstances in to meet with the attorney and ask them what can be done to lower your monthly obligation for a period.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer