Skip to main content

Can prove food poisoning

Daytona Beach, FL |

i ate at mcdonalds on 10/12/ 11 got sick went to hospital,bactrial gastroenteritis.i contaced there claims representative but he keeps telling me they didnt get papers from hospital yet which i signed off on around 11/23/11.should i have my own lawyer? lynette

+ Read More

Filed under: Representing yourself
Attorney answers 2


You do have the option of hiring an attorney to assist you with this. Attorneys tend to get faster responses than pro se litigants. We'd be happy to speak with you and provide a free 15 minute phone consultation.

Note: The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.


Food poisoning cases are not favored by attorneys as you have to prove that the food that you ate at the restaurant caused the problem AND that you have some permanent injury as opposed to some problem which has resolved. If you want medical expenses paid, then would keep your contact with the claims representative in writing and not by telephone. You need to decide what you want and what you can provide before you decide if you should hire an attorney or not.

The answers given are limited to the facts as given and presumed by the answer itself. Without seeing actual written documentation or having a conference to more fully explore the issues, this short answer has only limited application. Make sure to seek legal counsel and provide all documentation to get assistance in making informed legal choices., 305 377 1505

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer