Skip to main content

Can non immigrant visa person apply for AOS if entered legally in usa.

Chicago, IL |
Attorney answers 5


Long story. Seek a paid consultation with an immigration lawyer to be explained the possibilities that exist and analyze their feasibility in your particular situation.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


In order to provide a meaningful answer, an attorney would need to know the answers to many questions. It's relevant to know the type of visa and admission, when the entry occurred, in which category the AOS is sought, etc.

Kindly note that this posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Remember, this site is akin to an internet blog. Do not rely on information here to make important decisions in your life. Make an appointment to meet with a licensed attorney in his or her office (or via Skype or phone) to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Yes it is possible. Talk to an immigration attorney in person for more details.

This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.


that depends among other things, on your reason for adjustment request.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


It is not possible to answer this question without more facts. Depending on those facts, it may or may not be possible. I strongly recommend you consult with an immigration attorney to determine (1) if the non-immigrant is eligible for AOS and (2) how filing AOS (if eligible) will affect the non-immigrant's current status or ability to renew that status in the future.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer