Skip to main content

Can nieces that was listed as heirs contest my aunt will in the state of ga listed in the will

Saint Petersburg, FL |

we are the next of kin.the will does not state what are benefaries to in the estate

my aunt had siblings in which myself and cousin were the deceased brothers children. we are listed as heirs but the will does not state what we are entitled to and others are named who are no relation at all. and is there a inheritance law and a familyprotection that would benefit us

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


We would need to know much more about the family tree. You may be the next of kin, you may not - state rules are very specific and iron clad regarding who gets what absent a Will. So even if there were grounds get the Will ejected, you would still need to have standing to do so.

Matthew Johnson phone# 206.747.0313 is licensed in the State of Washington and performs bankruptcy, short sale negotiations, and estate planning in Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish, King and Pierce counties. The response does not constitute specific legal advice, which would require a full inquiry by the attorney into the complete background of the facts and circumstances surrounding this matter; rather, it is intended to be general legal information based on the limited information provided by the inquirer; it This response also does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established after a conflict of interest evaluation is completed, your case is accepted, and a fee agreement is signed. Johnson Legal Group, PLLC


There is not enough information in your question to properly answer your question. In general,
people who are named as beneficiaries, or accidentally left out (spouse or children), or who would otherwise inherit via state statutes had there not been a Will, may be able to contest a Will. In legal terms, if you have "standing" you may be able to contest a Will.
I recommend contacting an attorney to discuss your specific situation so you do not have to post additional personal information in this public forum.

Answer does not constitute legal advice. (727) 471-0039 or, This answer is provided for informational and/or educational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Adam is a Florida Attorney practicing in areas of Estate Planning, Elder Law, Trusts, Probate, Guardianship, and Business Law. Actual legal advice can only be provided after completing a comprehensive consultation in which all of the relevant facts are discussed and reviewed.


I agree with my colleagues. You have a complex situation on your hands and you owe it to yourself to sit down with a probate attorney in Georgia.

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!