Skip to main content

Can my wifes mother and her deported ex husband keep her from her kids?

Rialto, CA |

my wifes ex husband is deported but now is back in the u.s.a. illegaly again. And her mother are keeping the kids away from her and state that they will keep them from her at any cost. My wife attempted to pick up the kids from her mothers house as to where her mother put the kids in the car and fled not returning with them at all. My wife and i reside in san diego and my wife works so she had to return but her mother stated that she will not hand over the kids and well the police said that if they are involved and the mother states anything claimming that my wife is a bad mom even if its out of anger that the police will involve child services is this so? What can we do to get her kids back? Please help

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You need to look first to the custody orders that are in place, and follow them until you file a Request for Order seeking to modify the custody order. I am including links below which may be of some help. Good luck.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button or "Best Answer" at the bottom of this answer. By answering this question, the Law Offices of Cathleen E. Norton does not intend to form an attorney-client relationship with the asking party. The answers posted on this website should not be construed as legal advice. The Law Offices of Cathleen E. Norton does not make any representations about your family law matter, but rather, seeks to provide general information to the public about family-law related matters. You should consult with an attorney to discuss the specific facts of your case. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer