Can my wifes divorce lawyer tell me what to pay before we even go to court

Wadsworth, OH |

My only income is S.S. and me told her to tell me to get a job if I can't pay for her medical insurance and if I do my other bills will go unpaid. She has told him that her health is failing but that is not true

He can't tell you anything but he can take in front of the judge who can.

He is not the boss of you. Mr. Tsourakis is correct that he can submit his proposal to the judge for things like spousal support and so forth, but the judge is the one who issues the Order. The judge can order you to seek work.

You can reach Martin D. Koop at (419) 447-2521 or martinkoop@martinkoop.com. Martin Koop is an attorney licensed to practice in the State of Ohio. Answering your questions does not create an attorney-client relationship between anybody and Martin D. Koop. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts in your case, before you take any actions or make any choices that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have formally hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your legal matter.

Only if you allow him to do so. Talk to an attorney. Many offer a free consultation. If I were you, I'd have no contact with her about the case and certainly not with him. Find out your rights and obligations from an experienced attorney.

Attorneys on Avvo donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.

He can tell you whatever he wants, and you can choose to ignore him. You have to follow court orders, not orders from your wife's attorney. I agree with the other posters to get your own counsel.

This answer is provided for general purposes only. If you need legal assistance you should consult with an attorney. If you wish to discuss the facts of your case with me, please feel free to contact my office via the information below. Please note that neither my response to your question nor your contacting of my office creates an attorney-client relationship. Christopher Tamms Tamms Law Office, LLC 6457 Reflections Drive; Dublin, Ohio 43017 Phone- 614-859-9529 chris.tamms@gmail.com