Skip to main content

Can my wife get a visa, if she got caught putting to false papers in 2006, She got banned from the U.S. Embassy for 5 years in

New York, NY |

Her Ban is up can she get a visa. She put the false paper in Dominican Republic U.S. Embassy, I am U.S Citizen and i have already put the papers for her,i-130, AFDS, DS230, 231. I need my wife to come to U.S., can she come or get a visas.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You need to consult a lawyer as to exactly what happened and what her options are now.

This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide, any legal advice.   By viewing this answer you understand and expressly agree that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the attorney who authored the answer.  Should you need legal advice, please contact a licensed attorney who practices in this area.  Readers of this answer and the information contained herein should not act upon any information contained in this answer without seeking legal counsel.


You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


The chance of the Santo Domingo post ever issuing your wife a visa are next to none, unless and until your hardship waiver is approved, and even after that the consulate might have other cards up their sleeve to find your wife inadmissible on another, until now undisclosed ground.

If you are serious about this as I think you are, then you must realize the importance of contracting the professional services of a high powered immigration lawyer in NYC (and for your own sake it better not be a fellow Dominican..)

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Hire an attorney to review her immigration history and advise the best option.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


Under US immigration law an immigrant who produces intentionally incorrect documentation may be denied immigration, have immigration benefits curtailed, and face criminal and civil penalties. While she was "banned from the the U.S. Embassy" form submitting "false papers" there may still be consequences once the ban is lifted.

You should talk with an experienced immigration attorney about the specifics of her situation. S/he may then be able to give you a clearer outlook on what you can expect.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.