Skip to main content

Can my wife and I seek medical malpractice for a miscarriage?

Manhattan, KS |

My wife went into surgery on july 5th for a gall bladder procedure. at this time she couldn't give a urine pregnancy test. we found out that she was pregnant after the surgery. the doc and came in and explained to us the increased chance of miscarriage and blamed the nurses. The hospital has admitted fault and ask us for a letter of demands. we don't know where to go with this. she just miscarried lastnight but we were prepped for this by the OB. I have all the medical records and I just feel that there should be something more. this hospital boasts about the highest medical grades in the nation. and that was a deciding factor of going there please help. there is much more information and details that I would rather talk about over the phone or in person.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Contact a KS lawyer who specializes in medical neglience. A pregnancy test is a standard test that should have been completed. I am so sorry for your unfortunate loss, but you need the advice of a local lawyer who can negotiate on your behalf.


Unfortunately, unless your wife some physical injury in addition to documented psychological injury it probably does not have the value to be financially worth pursuing to an attorney. Sorry for your loss.


I am very sorry for your loss. This is a significant enough loss that it is worth your time speaking to a medical malpractice attorney. They usually offer free consultations.

This web site is designed for general information only. The information on this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Because every case is different, the description of awards and cases previously handled does not guarantee a similar outcome in current or future cases.


Best to discuss in detail with a local malpractice lawyer.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer