Skip to main content

Can my us citizen wife petition me while im in political asylum process.

Las Vegas, NV |

my polical asylum case is still pending, my i-130 was approved uscis said that they are waiting for court to say is ok for me to do the consular process.the judge and the goverments lawyer they both said to me that it was ok,gave me 3 years to get the process done but its been almost 4 month ever since they been waiting court i having problems with my case? is it posible for me to have political asylum case open and the consular process? PLEASE HELP I NEED A LAWYER.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes you can proceed. Just hire a lawyer in town to finish.


Yes, she may, yet the case has to clear the clear and convincing standard to show a bona fide marriage while in removal.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


Something important you should consider is if there are any inadmissibility bars for any illegal time you were in the United States, you shoul consider the need to get a waiver.



ever since i came to the usa i've been under court process. They said the i might not have to do the waiver thing.

Carlos E Sandoval

Carlos E Sandoval


That may be beacause you have not accumulated illegal presence since your asylum case has been pending all this time. Probably the best thing you can do is to hire an immigration attorney to evaluate your case.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer