Skip to main content

Can my US-citizen sister and green card holder file at the same time an immigration petition for me?

Tucson, AZ |

I am a Filipino citizen, my sister is a US citizen and my mother is a green card holder. Can they both petition me at the same time?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

Yes - you can have more than one person file an immigrant visa petition on your behalf. For your lawful permanent resident mother to file for you, you need to be a minor Child or an Unmarried Son/Daughter.

See the Department of State Visa Bulletin at

Avi Friedman| Attorney at Law | Wolfsdorf Immigration Law Group | 1416 2nd Street | Santa Monica, CA 90401 | (T) 310-570-4088 x249 | (F) 310-570-4080 | | | Offices in Santa Monica, CA and New York City

This message is provided for general informational use only and is not specific legal advice. This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Yes, although your mother can only petition for you if you are unmarried.

For more information, please see