Can my spouses bank acct be frozen for my debt?

Umatilla, FL |

being sued for repossession

Filed under: Debt Sued for debt

Only if your spouse is joined with you on that debt OR you are joined with her on the account.

The answers given are limited to the facts as given and presumed by the answer itself. Without seeing actual written documentation or having a conference to more fully explore the issues, this short answer has only limited application. Make sure to seek legal counsel and provide all documentation to get assistance in making informed legal choices. Bstein@dcfsz.com, 305 377 1505

Not unless your spouse was also named in the lawsuit or the account is in both names. Hope this perspective helps!

Yes, your account can be frozen, however, you are not liable for the debt of your spouse under the circumstances suggested by my peers. This may require you to file a special motion to eliminate the attempted garnishment.