Can my sons father request for a post poned court date for custody if he's going to jail & I don't agree to it?

Oregon City, OR |

He's going jail for a dui. I'm stable he's not. I don't have a lawyer so im not sure how this works with post poining?This is his 2nd dui, he's been in anger management & aa classes. There's alot that's against him. I have nothing on my record & work with kids

Certainly he can request it. He's most likely to get it, too. We want to be sure everyone has their day in court. Mind you, if he's going to jail, he's going to have a hard time when he does get to that custody hearing. Your superior "stability" is a argument for you to win the custody case on the merits, but not to allow you to deny him the chance to make a case at all.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: jay@northwestlawoffice.com | Online: www.northwestlawoffice.com