Skip to main content

Can my son's girl friend stop me and his friends from helping him move his belongings out of her house.

Mount Pleasant, MI |

His girl friend is buying the house and my son pays her rent. She says we (myself or his friends) are trespassing if we help him move out. Do I need to get a police escort?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If he is paying rent he has the right to have anyone he wants over as long as there is no criminal activity.


She cannot prevent you from helping your son move unless you are committing a crime , Simply helping someone move is not a crime. John W. Drury

So there is no misunderstanding, this answer does not create an attorney/client relationship and you cannot presume that I am your lawyer or that my advice can be relied upon in any way other than for information only. You will not become my client unless and until you retain me.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer