Skip to main content

Can my son get placed into his aunts home instead of juvenile detention center?

Los Angeles, CA |

Can a juvenile that is 14 years old and committed felonies : Attempt to impersonate a peace officer (2), Attempt aggravated motor vehicle theft (2), forgery (counterfeit bills) (1) ,Aggravated motor vehicle theft (1) DISMISSED). Misdemeanors ; False Reporting (1), Shoplifting (1).
He came here as a refugee from Africa because he was in danger. He's is not violent. Not a threat. I'm wondering can he be sent to his Aunts house in Europe as a punishment and then come back when he's sentence to live there is over? I think he just needs a break from the people he hangs out around.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


It is doubtful based on the charges, but get an attorney and try to demonstrate he's capable of being home on probation.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia



I don't want him to be in this state right now... I'd like for him to go to live with his aunt and he is agreeing with me that he needs to stay away from his friends for awhile.



And half of his family is in France but I'm wondering if that would even be possible because France may not allow him into that country.


Juvenile attorneys are available to assist.


It's highly unlikely a juvenile court in Los Angeles will agree with placing the minor in Europe--"as punishment."

San Diego Criminal Defense Attorney--19 years experience. Law Offices of Jay S. Finnecy

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer