Skip to main content

Can my son get a court appointed attorney for no trespassing and public intox

Owasso, OK |

He was let out of jail 2 days earlier and got felony conviction

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Public intox and trespassing are misdemeanor crimes in Oklahoma so shouldn't have resulted in a felony. The judge makes the decision as to the appointment of a court appointed attorney. Call the court clerk of the jurisdiction he is charged in and ask what the procedures are for applying for a court appointed attorney. Usually there will be an application that requests info as far as assets/liabilities/income. The judge reviews that and makes a decision from there.

Answers to AVVO questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is not a substitute for legal advice and should not be relied upon without a full consultation with an attorney that can fully look at issues involved.