Skip to main content

Can my son come on a visitor visa to me and my daughter's family?

Denver, CO |

I filed papers I-130 to USCIS almost 3 years ago.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Yes he can visit you.


Answered about 2 hours ago. Doubtful that son will be issued a visa when has an I-130 immigrant petition pending.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


He will have a difficult, a very difficult, time getting a tourist visa.

None-the-less he can try.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Given that your son has expressed immigrant intent to the US government it will difficult for him to get a tourist (non-immigrant) visa at this time. He can try though.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer