Skip to main content

Can my sister in law how is going to be my sponsor for affidavit of support use her house to meet the requirements??

Richmond, VA |

My husband is unemployed . So we asked his sister to sponsor me . She is not making enough money but she has a house . Can she use her house to meet the requirements ? What paper work would she need to provide ?

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration
Attorney answers 2


Generally, the assets of a co-sponsor equal to or in excess of 125% minimum poverty guidelines may be considered.

See the link below for the USCIS instructions to the Form I-864, affidavit of support.


I agree with my colleague. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at .

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer