Can my sister 13 year old come to USA along with my mom I 130?

Ripon, CA |

I am going to file i130 for my mom . Of course I am USA citizen . I have one 13 year old sister. When I file I 130 for my mom , can my sister come to USA along With my mom petition ? Thanks . If she can't come , what is the fastest way to get her here .because she need to have some one take care .

Best Answer

Your sister will not be able to come on that petition. A separate petition would have to be filed for her. You can do so and your mother can do so when she becomes a resident.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Thank you very much

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

You are welcome

Unfortunately your sister will now be able to benefit from the I-130 filed for your mom. The immediate relatives' category does not permit dependents. Please call for a consultation.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com

No. Immediate relatives cannot bring derivatives.

No. The fastest way for her to immigrate is for you mom to petition her as soon as she becomes a legal permanent resident.

How long it takes depends on how long it takes for the priority date to become current. The movement of priority dates cannot be predicted.

For the latest visa bulletin see http://www.engnishimura.com/priority-dates/current

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

You should look into getting a student visa for her so she can attend school here. I'd suggest hiring an attorney for assistance.

My answering this question does not form an attorney-client relationship. Always retain a qualified attorney before taking any action. My office offers free consultations.

Unfortunately your sister can not benefit from an I-130 petition. The best bet would be for your mother to file for her when she gains status. In the meantime, you could look into student visas for her. I would consult with a local attorney so they can extract every relevant fact and give you the most accurate answer possible.

Thomas J. Baker
Law Office of Daniel M. Wigon
Associate Attorney
916-447-8975
www.wigonlaw.com

Main Office:
816 H Street Suite 108
Sacramento, CA 95814

Martinez Office:
820 Alhambra Ave
Martinez, CA 94553

Can I know what time the office close! I live in Modesto

Thomas Joseph Baker

Thomas Joseph Baker

Call us first, we are by appointment only. We will see if it is necessary for you to come into the office first. 916-447-8975