Skip to main content

Can my mom call the cops on me for "running away" and the cops pick me up and take me back to her?

Santa Clarita, CA |

My dad knows where I am. I have his permission in writing and on tape.

+ Read More

Filed under: Child custody
Attorney answers 2


If you are a minor and your mom has custody, then yes, she can call the cops.



what if there is no custody agreement?

Tobie Brina Waxman

Tobie Brina Waxman


She's still your mom and if you ran away she can call the cops. I'm assuming she did so for your protection.


If you're still a minor, then your mom can do that.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer