Skip to main content

Can my lawyer refuse to get me a ledger from my car insurance company

Salem, MA |

he doesn't wanna fight for my medicals which is about 32 thousand for me and my 3 other fam members in this car accident i just want to veryfie that in fact no medicals have been paid out i cant get it my self cause i gave him my right to represent me so my insurace cant even talk to me about this case my lawyer told me to take it to small claims or something because no lawyer is gonna take my case on medicals

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

You can retain a new attorney. Make sure the lawyer negotiates your medical bills down to pennies on the dollar before you sign a release, otherwise the lawyer has no incentive to do so after he gets his fee.


You may move on to another attorney. Obtain your file. Have the new attorney provide what you want.

Also, review your insurance policy for PIP coverages.

Then, go after the liable party based on the evidence


No. Give you attorney one more chance to provide you with the documents you have requested. If he does not, consult another attorney.


I do not want to second guess what any other attorney is doing because often there are facts and circumstances that change the context of an answer.

However, it is relatively simple to obtain a payment log from a client's own insurance company as to PIP medical payments, 'med pay' payments or other amounts paid by the insurance company. Sometimes the insurer will fax/email the payment log the same day, other times they will mail it out fairly promptly.

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer