Can my immigration attorney provide me with a letter by him, to present my employer, to be allowed to work while I wait for ead

Lafayette, IN |

Applied for Deffered Action- 11/18/13
Biometrics done- 1/8/2014

Nope.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Unfortunately, no - because until you are granted work authorization you are not authorized to work. Good luck!

The information above is general in nature and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship between us. It is intended simply as background material, is current only as of its indicated date, and may not include important details and special rules that could be applicable to your case. You should consult an attorney directly before acting or refraining from action.

I have an expired EAD, but I am still waiting on my new one- through Deferred Action. My employer is asking me for the new one before I am able to return to work. But I just got my biometrics done last week. Is there no option for anything here until I get that new EAD?

Daniel Warren Thomann

Daniel Warren Thomann

This website is only designed for general explanations, not case-specific legal advice. Your attorney would know additional details (such as how you got your previous EAD) that could make a difference, but generally, deferred action applicants are ineligible to work until their EADs are issued (which is why it's important to renew the EAD prior to its expiration). Good luck!

No, only USCIS can authorize you to work. Your attorney can only say the request is pending.

Heather L. Garvock Attorney Ellis Porter, PLC 2701 Troy Center Dr., 410 Troy, MI 48084 Phone: 248-519-9900 Fax: 248-519-9901 Email: heather.garvock@ellisporter.com For more information about current issues and developments in immigration law, visit my blog: www.miimmigrationnews.com The information I provide on my blog and Avvo is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney client relationship.