Can my husband sue his emloyer for the number of hours he is having to work due to short staffing?

Jacksonville, FL |

My husband is in what would be considered middle management. His 'team' (the region he manages for his area) has been short staffed for over 3 years now. There were 2 others who were his equal and one of those individuals left the company (because the workload was a burden) That peer has not been replaced rather the work has been divided between my husband and the other peer. My husband also lost a higher level employee off of his team due to a Sr Vice President taking her off and putting her on a 'Special Project' team. This has made the situation wose because she was a high performer on his team and her position on his team has not been filled for almost a year now.
There has been a very high turn over in SR VP's. My husband is working 65+ hrs/wk to keep up with no compensation.

Based on what you've written, there does not seem to be any legal recourse for your husband against his employer. The best and most direct course of action might be for your husband to speak to his direct supervisor about receiving assistance in his current position.

Scott S. Luzi
Walcheske & Luzi, LLC
www.walcheskeluzi.com

This response is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or necessarily reflect the most current legal developments.