Skip to main content

Can my husband return home after being arrested for battery?

Miami, FL |

We have been together 8 year and this is the first time both of us lose our tempers, He called the police 1 hour after we stop fighting, i don't know why. We got arrested. I want him back home, Im not afraid, it was a stupid thing.
The police took photos and made me write a paper saying what happen, I didn't want to write anything they told me it was the law. I wrote nothing concrete they told me it wasn't enough that I need to wrote who hit first, or they would take us and put the kids in a former home. So i freak out he freak out and i wrote he hit first. We just want him back home.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


So, the police coerced you into writing something that was not true. Make sure that there is a no violent contact order, not a no contact order. You need to hire a criminal defense attorney for him.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Florida.


In order for him to come home, you must assure that the court did not impose a no contact order. If there was one imposed, you would need to seek court intervention to have it modified and removed. Contact a criminal defense attorney to assist in the defense of your husbands case and for the removal of the no contact order. Good luck!

Miguel A. Amador is licensed to practice law in Florida and the District of Columbia only. The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney


I agree with Attorney De Groot, the best thing you can do is hire an attorney for your husband. The attorney can help you get a "no violent contact order" versus a "no contact order" or can get the "no contact order" modified. Contact one in your area and at least go in for a consultation, most AVVO attorney offer a free initial consultation. Good luck.

B. Elaine Jones, Esq.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer