Skip to main content

Can my husband lose his green card?

Medford, MA |

what if he gets his green card and go to Brazil, and i go to the immigration and tell them that i want a divorce ,that he was abusive, that he forced me to lie to the IRS and lie to the immigration officers?
can he lose his green card? will he be able to come back to the us?
what may happen if i report him while he is in brazil

PS: everything im saying here is true. he said he would kill me if i dont do what he says

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


You need an immigration lawyer, and you should call the police when your life is threatened.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 | |


Even if true, husband will lose nothing, at least not initially, if at all..Please immediately open your purse and seek a private consultation with a local immigration lawyer.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Mr. Behar is correct ... even if true, the wheels of justice move slowly.

Plus, as much as you think you have 'proof' a judge might not think it is that significant.

Hire a lawyer.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


I agree with my colleagues. You may need to call the police if you feel your life is being threatened. You should talk to an immigration attorney.

Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.


LPRs status is given by the American people though their elected government and taken the same way. All you can do is report and you do not have to wait until he leaves for Brazil for it. Remember that, vengeance is immoral always, even when it is done for purest of reasons. There are always two sides to a story and the government will have to decide who to believe. If he is abusive, and you feel not safe, report him to the police.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Yes he can lose his green card if you do all of what you wrote.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.