Skip to main content

Can my husband help me get a green card if he have a felony..?

Atlanta, GA |

Can my husband help me get a green card even if he has a felony ( sex offender).. will that affect? What can we do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Generally, the criminal conviction history of a U.S. citizen will be irrelevant regarding eligibility to sponsor a foreign national spouse to adjust status to become a Lawful Permanent Resident (to get a "Green Card"). Some instances where the criminal record of the U.S. Citizen spouse can interfere with with eligibilty include: the U.S. Citizen (USC) spouse is in jail; the USC spouse is at risk of going to jail; the USC spouse is unable to provide financial support (this issue may be addressed through a joint sponsor); etc.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

David N. Soloway
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
1800 Century Place, Suite 100
Atlanta, Georgia 30345
404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 *



This the best and straight forward answer, thanks


For additional information, see:


Please see the following link for more information

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer