Skip to main content

Can my husband evict me and my children out of our mobile home he is on title but it's considered community property?

Malibu, CA |

we are currently going through a divorce and it has been my family home for 12 years.. a writ of execution was posted by sheriff and they are going to remove me. he has spent much money on lawyers fees but left me indigent and is $45,000 behind in child support arrears. he has not worked or even tried to collect unemployment and he is in the movie electricians union.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


The first thing that you need to do is hire an attorney as soon as possible to protect your rights and fight to keep you in a safe and stable living condition. If he owes you that much in support arrears , then you have a strong case to hold him in contempt (not paying the court ordered child support). I have handled countless cases in which the opposing party refuses to pay their fair share of support and I get the court to enforce their orders. If you would like to discuss your situation in greater depth, feel free to contact me at my office: (310) 855-3386.