Skip to main content

Can my husband be reinstated to parole if i prove his innocence and be let out of jail sooner

Cedar Park, TX |

my husband was arrested on a bogus mistermenor charge and his porole was violated because of it i went to the da to talk to someone there and was asked to return today to talk to someone else about the incident, i can prove his innocience

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


After his new case is disposed of, he will have a parole hearing. The outcome of that hearing will not be dictated by the outcome of the new case, but it may be influenced by it. Ninety-nine percent of the time when a person tells me they are going to get charges dropped by talking to the police or DA, they are wrong. I would hire him a good attorney as soon as possible.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


Parole will get the full police report and likely ask questions of your husband about the incident - even if the prosecutors dismiss or decline to prosecute the case. Often times there were other things going on (drinking, etc) that will also violate parole. He should retain counsel as soon as possible. If he has a parole hold (sometimes referred to as a blue warrant) try to retain someone as soon as possible before parole goes to speak with him in jail without his attorney present.

Not intended to be legal advice or create an attorney-client releationship. Seek counsel before making any legal decision.


He must retain a good counsel. This is a difficult situation.

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777


I wish you luck doing this on your own. Your husband's freedom is at stake and you are trying to be an investigator and a lawyer. Parole is difficult waters to navigate. I recommend you find a Lawyer in the county where you reside and work as a team with that lawyer.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer