Skip to main content

Can my fiance and I be charged with the same crime?

Redlands, CA |

my fiance and i were sitting in our non running vehicle. a prole&probation officer drove by. they then backed up and got out telling us to get out.Also we were on private [property. after a search of the car they did find some pain pills which i admitted to. can we both be charged with transporting

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You CAN be charged with transportation, yes. On the facts given, you probably shouldn't be and probably won't be. Whether or not those charges can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt is a totally different question. Keep in mind that the police report will likely have an alternate version of events.

You should sit down and speak with an attorney about your rights, the facts, and the potential defenses to these charges.

Any statements I make in these forums (fora?) should not be taken as direct legal advice, merely informed guidance. This is true due to the anonymous nature of this venue, and the incomplete information which is invariably provided by the questions. It is imperative that you consult directly with an attorney regarding your specific situation before acting on or relying on anything represented here. Period.


Yes both occupants in a car with dope CAN be charged. You both need to retain a criminal defense attorney to defend you. There are several issues that need to be discussed with counsel: probable cause for the stop, search of vehicle without a warrant nor consent, transportation vs. simple possession, etc. Get competent counsel to represent you.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..


Yes, you could, but you probably won' be charged.


Both you and your boyfriend can be charged with the possession of the pills. More than one person can be charged with possession of the same pills. You and your boyfriend both need to be represented by counsel.