Skip to main content

Can my father sue me for property damage to the family home?

Louisville, KY |

I am 22 years old and recently moved back in with my parents. My room is located on the third floor and he locked the bathroom on my floor forcing me to go down a one maybe two flights of steps to use the other bathrooms. One night I was feeling ill and didnt think I would make it down to the other bathroom so I tried to pry the door open on my floor so I could use it. As a result I damaged it. Now my parents are getting a divorce and me and my mom have left that residence and he wants to sue me for damage to the door. Can I claim contributory negligence? or anything else?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Yes you can be sued for such property damages you caused.