Skip to main content

Can my ex-wife pay whatever she wants on debt?

Minot, ND |

There was no payment plan established in the papers.

All that was said is our debt was halved. And I was awarded money.

she says her lawyer told her that she could pay whatever and when ever she wants.

In the final judgment I'm awarded the money. But she refuses to pay it in full.

+ Read More

Filed under: Divorce Divorce decree
Attorney answers 1


You have to refer to your paperwork. If the Order says that she has to pay one half of a bill but does not say how she has to pay it, then it sounds like she has a lot of latitude in making that decision. If you need more specific terms, then you should file a motion to clarify and ask the judge to be more specific with payment terms. You would want to do that as soon as you can, though, before the Court loses jurisdiction and requires you to pay a new filing fee, etc. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer