Skip to main content

Can my employer stop wages if THEY took me out of work and require a doctor's release? Disability discrimination. Lost car&home.

Providence, RI |

My attendance was less than stellar within the state agency that employs me. I was taken out of work on an Employee Assistance Program through my health care on February 21, 2013. I was forwarded 140 hours of sick time which will need to be repaid upon return to work. The HR department sent me home, and they are not letting me return until a doctor releases consent that I can return based on the neurological testing for the migraines that have progressively made me miss time and ultimately going into leave without pay status. I've gone through numerous doctor appointments, harassment due to losing weight and having comments about my eating habits and frequency being questioned and talked about throughout the dept. HR wants more med info released, and haven't done AFLAC yet for me.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


This is a complex matter that will require an experienced lawyer to handle. You should not attempt to handle this on your own. I would also caution you about writing any details of a possible case online, it can potentially be used against you.

Avvo answers are not substitutes for the educated opinion of a lawyer who knows the facts of your particular case and should not be relied upon as such. James J Bagley Whaley, Bowie and Bagley LLC Providence, RI 401 454 7700

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer