Skip to main content

Can my daughters father sign over his rights without my permission or concent? Please help....

Kingsport, TN |

My daughter is 3 years old and she does not know her father at all. He has only saw her one time when she was 6 months old and he has not paid a penny of child support or helped her in any way. But we have court in a few days and he is scared he is going to go to jail for failure to pay his child support which he has not paid a penny in her whole 3 years of life, But he wants to sign his rights over so he dont go to jail and so he dont have to worry about it anymore. His words not mine, But I am curious as to if he can just sign his rights over without my permission or concent. The only reason i care is because i dont think it is fair that he wont have to take responsibility and i dont want her to grow up wondering why he would do that to her, I only care because of how it will affect her

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Duplicate post. Asking once is enough.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer