Skip to main content

Can my dad send the cops after me if I move out at the age of 17 ?

Chicago, IL |

My parents and I are not getting along and I can afford to stay with my 19 year old boyfriend would we get in trouble for this ??

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Yes you can get in trouble for it! You are a minor.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about. Remember that it is the Lawyer who:  Punishes the wicked, Protects the innocent, Raises up the lowly, Opposes brutality and injustice, Seeks equality of humanity regardless of color, cast, sex or religion, Leads in every cause, and Seeks the best in everything.


Yes, of course, to both questions.


Yes to both. Seems you have asked this question before. The answer is the same. You are a minor.

Communication with an attorney does not by itself create an attorney/client relationship or constitute provision or receipt of legal advice. Any communication with an attorney should be considered informational use only, and should not be relied upon or acted upon until a formal attorney/client relationship is established via a written agreement.


You asked this question earlier. The answer is still the same. It will not change because you reqorded it. No, you cannot move out until you are 18, and yes, your dad can send the police after you. In fact, the police can arrest your boyfriend or anyone else who harbors a minor.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer