Skip to main content

Can my credit union account be frozen by credit card debt collectors when my only income to that account is social security .

Rose City, MI |

How do i answer a law suit for past credit card debt. I have 20 days to answer. What forms do i need and where do i get them.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You should consult with a collection attorney in your area. Social Security proceeds are exempt from garnishment, but that does not mean a creditor may not try and garnish that account. You may also consult a legal service organization that is dedicated to low income people in your area. Your State Bar Association may be able to assist you in finding a lawyer or law firm to help you.

Good luck.