Skip to main content

Can my baby dad get custody of my baby even if he has a criminal record?

Camden, NJ |

me and my baby dad broke up we have a baby who is 2 months old she lives with me. her father is in jail he has a criminal record for SELLING DANGEROUS DRUG-1ST B Felony, CRIM POSS MARIJUANA-5TH B Misdemeanor, CRIM POSS WEAP - 4TH DEG A Misdemeanor,CRIMINAL TRESPASS-1ST A Misdemeanor. he is curently in jail but he is coming out this month. i know he is going to try to get custody of the baby. he havent seen the baby because he got arrested the day before i gave birth. when i used to live with him he abused me physicly and mentally and when i was pregnant too. im scare he might get custody of the baby because his house is not a good enviroment for the baby him and his brother be smoking weed in the house and his mom doesnt have control of none of then. can he still get custody of the baby?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You may wish to consider filing an application for entry of a restraining order if you are in fear for your safety and well being.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed.