Skip to main content

Can my B2 visa change to a immigrant visa (green card )?

Buffalo, NY |

Hi, I live in Buffalo, new york . My husband is American citizen , we got married in my country last year. Then i came to visit him , now i feel like to live here. Can i apply to change my status? Can I apply a green card here?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You are eligible to adjust status to that of a lawful permanent resident within the US.
If you are not familiar with the immigration process it is advisable to consult with a lawyer to have some idea of the process in terms of procedure.
You are welcome to use the link provided to contact me.


I think that the operative words should be 'you are eligible 'to apply' for adjustment of status. Not everyone can adjust status where they are inadmissible. There are a number of grounds that should be reviewed with an experienced immigration attorney. The local office may have concern about whether there is sufficient documentation.

Many who apply for adjustment of status prefer to have a local attorney present at the adjustment interview which will likely happen at the district office in Buffalo, NY. There are a number of experienced immigration attorneys in Buffalo, NY. You may wish to contact the American Immigration Lawyers Association, which also furnishes the names of local experienced immigration attorneys, in Buffalo, as well.

You may also review the attorneys at Many attorneys will charge an appointment fee due to the time it takes to discuss these matters in reasonable detail.

The above is general information and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer