Skip to main content

Can my alien fiancé come to the Us on a B-2 visa and get married and return to her country after?

Rochester, NY |

What papers would I need to file after?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


She can but that may be an issue in the future. Why don't you file for her fiancé visa so she can come with the right visa?

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.


She could, but this is not the best way to get a green card. Please see

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


If she intends now to get married after entering on a B-2 visa, she will have a problem with immigrant intent. Explore fiance visa instead.


Yes, your fiancée (not fiancé ) can. However, if she does not leave, there will be an issue with visa fraud. If she wants to live here, do a K-1 fiancé/fiancée visa.

*IMPORTANT: Do not rely on Attorney Murray's response as the information provided on this website is NOT legal advice nor is it a substitute for legal advice which requires a consultation with a lawyer. Attorney Murray's response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. If you have any specific questions concerning a legal issue, you should consult a lawyer. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information on a Q&A website such as Avvo. Attorney Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted on Avvo are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. New Jersey residents: NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. The selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website: