Skip to main content

Can my 16 yr olds license be suspended for possession of alcohol when he is a passenger in a car?

Waterford, CT |

My son got a ticket for possession of alcohol when he was a passenger in a car. I paid the fine and now we received a notice from CT DMV that he has a 60 day suspension on his license. How is this possible if he was not driving?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


There could be a mistake contact the DMV to figure it out.


Possession of alcohol by a minor and possession of marijuana (under half ounce) are both infractions in Connecticut which, if under 21 years of age, will result in the suspension of your driver's license. There is a way to stop this and try to undo what has been done. You need to speak to a criminal defense lawyer about this.

This answer is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship. For answers to specific questions, please contact the office directly.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer