Skip to main content

Can misdemeanor points be counted in the tally score sheet in the state of Florida I have been told yes and no.

Winter Haven, FL |

State is offering son 33 mos prison. I have been told they are counting misdemeanor points which according to Florida guideline they cannot count them. If they don't count them it would be like 17 months instead of 33 Would it matter it was a misdemeanor charge but it was felony probation?
Also how do I go about obtaining his point sheet?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Have you spoken to his attorney?

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia


They can count any criminal charges that your son ever pled to or was found guilty of. Felonies and misdemeanors and in some cases juvenile cases.

For more information or to set up a free consultation contact the Law Office of Corey Cohen at 407-246-0066 or visit our website at


I agree with Mr. Cohen. As to where "you" can obtain his point sheet, the state will provide a copy to his attorney and he can get a copy from the attorney.

This response is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should contact an attorney to fully discuss your issues.


Misdemeanors are counted on a scoresheet as .2. Juvenile convictions can be counted if the conviction date is within the last 5 years. The State will provide a copy of the scoresheet to the Defense attorney.


All criminal convictions (both misdemeanor and felony) are counted on the score sheet UNLESS adjudication was withheld. Your son's attorney or your son can get the score sheet. Your son can write a letter giving you permission to get the score sheet as well. If your son does not already have an attorney, GET HIM ONE IMMEDIATELY !!!!

This response is only meant to be informative and only states my opinion. The response certainly does not create an attorney-client relationship. You can call me with any questions at (727) 375-3090.